This course covers a range of commonly encountered first aid situations, including treating
- Bites and stings
- Bleeding and shock
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Casualty Management – outdoors
- Chest pains
- Choking (adult)
- Communication and casualty care
- Emergencies in Public
- Head injuries
- Heat exhaustion**
- Keeping safe and warm
- Low blood sugar
- Minor bleeding
- Primary survey
- Unconscious casualty (adult)
- Resuscitation (adult)
- Role of the First Aider
- Severe allergic reaction
To provide first aid training for cadets and staff, which covers topics suitable for providing first aid cover on RAF Air Cadet activities.
All staff and enrolled cadets over 16 years old.
- Cadets: Completed the Youth First Aid course.
- Staff: Completed the HeartStart course.
This course is organised at squadron, sector, or wing level.
- Wing First Aid Training Officer